Become a Partner of ICHM-SK
Steps (over 18 months)
- Find an opportunity to share the vision with your congregation’s decision-makers.
- Attend an Information Forum with your Clergy and Working Group/Health Cabinet
- Actively recruit a nurse; prepare to move into an ICHM training program
Is Your Congregation Ready?
- Does your congregation have a vision of itself as a health and healing place?
- Does the congregation demonstrates creativity and patience?
- Is the pastor/priest prepared to play a leading role?
- Is there excitement, a spirit of adventure and a willingness to risk?
The Parish Nursing Class of 2016 graduation, in Saskatoon
ICHM-SK offers training and education for members of the parish/congregation/agency and for the parish nurses. It also offers ongoing continuing ed for the nurses.
Benefits of Partnership
ICHM will provide Partner Congregations with the following:
- Basic training course for Parish Nurses, endorsed by the International Parish Nurse Resource Centre, presented in three levels (Parish Nurses, Clergy, and Members of Health Cabinets)
- Regular regional parish nurse meetings for sharing, spiritual support, and ongoing education
- On-site visit with Parish Nurses, Health Cabinets, Clergy, and congregations on an as-needed basis
- Joint Health Cabinet meetings and regional workshops
- Access to resources
- Evaluation of ministries and programs (upon request)
- Advocacy for Parish Nurses regarding their status within the leadership of the congregation
- Provision of presentations, workshops, and consultation upon request
- A subscription to The Pulse Newsletter
- Representation and/or presentation at Partner-sponsored events
Partner Congregations shall remit an annual Partnership fee of $600* to help cover the costs of the support services that ICHM-SK provides.
*This fee covers all costs with the exception of the Parish Nurse Retreat and the costs for textbooks and materials in the Parish Nurse education program.